During this training we will introduce you to the idea of the Data Mesh and it's guiding principles. This will be a hands-on training, we will solve simple case study by applying all of the data mesh principles to some degree. You will learn how to design data product and the simple self-serve data platform.
This workshop is created for technical product managers, solution architects, data infrastructure engineers, and technology and data leaders.
- Data Mesh definition introduction
- Domain Ownership principle introduction
- Case Study introduction
- Exercise to define proper boundaries of a data product based on the “Align with business domain boundaries” heuristic
- Data as a Product principle introduction
- Exercise to design the data product and it’s requirements
- Self-serve data platform introduction
- Exercise to define what could be the simplest platform in our case
- Federated Computational Governance introduction
- Exercise to define how to automate/enforce/enable findability in the platform
You don't need knowledge of Data Mesh, any particular programming language or technology.